Ways to keep youre little one active.
|Adult-Led Activity||Free Play|
|Younger Toddlers (12-24 months)||
|Older Toddlers(24-36 months)||
Physical activity is vital for a child’s development and lays the foundation for a healthy and active life.
The benefits of being active for young children include:
- promoting healthy growth and development
- helping to achieve and maintain a healthy weight
- building strong bones and muscles
- improving cardiovascular fitness
- improving balance, coordination and strength
- maintaining and developing flexibility
- improving posture
- assisting with the development of gross motor and fine motor skills
- providing the opportunity to develop fundamental movement skills
- helping to establish connections between different parts of the brain
- improving concentration and thinking skills
- improving confidence and self-esteem
- relieving stress and promoting relaxation
- providing opportunities to develop social skills and make friends
- improving sleep.
Source ~Healthy Kids 2017